Default Unit for Font Size

JohnSmith90

Wheh I make the following statement, what is the unit for the font size.

Thank you very much for your reply.

Smith

Karl Seguin

that's an absolute font size..it's up to the browser to decide how to render
it..

it goes from 1-7, with 3 being the normal. All you know is that 1 is
smaller than 2 which is smaller than 3.

It's useful because if a user likes having really large text, his/her
default size might be larger, meaning "1" on his/her screen will still be
relatively small to normal, but still readable (hopefully)

Anyways, you should be using css...and that wasn't really an asp.net
question...

Karl

JohnSmith90

Thanks for the reply.
1. Does the font-size specification in a grid... like
smaller,larger,xx-small.... etc corresponds to the below mentioned
numbers(1-7) ?
2. In the HTML text I have set the size as I quoted, I want to make sure the
grid text size also same as rest of the fonts. How to make sure that?
Thanks,
Smith

Karl Seguin

smaller, larger, xx-small are css font sizes...there are 8 of them

they don't map perfectly, because "medium" in css is the 4th font...but 3 is
the "normal" font in html....if you don't mix and match them and you always
use one style or the other, you won't have any problems.

AS for the "grid" I take it you are talking about datagrids? You can use
the ItemStyle and such to specify the font-size. Without knowing how your
grid is (or being 100% sure you mean datagrid) I can't answer in more
details..

Karl

John Smith

Yes. I am talking about datagrid.