    Wheh I make the following statement, what is the unit for the font size.

    Thank you very much for your reply.

    Smith

    JohnSmith90, May 12, 2005

  2. JohnSmith90

    Karl Seguin Guest

    that's an absolute font size..it's up to the browser to decide how to render
    it..

    it goes from 1-7, with 3 being the normal. All you know is that 1 is
    smaller than 2 which is smaller than 3.

    It's useful because if a user likes having really large text, his/her
    default size might be larger, meaning "1" on his/her screen will still be
    relatively small to normal, but still readable (hopefully)

    Anyways, you should be using css...and that wasn't really an asp.net
    question...

    Karl

    Karl Seguin, May 13, 2005

  3. JohnSmith90

    JohnSmith90 Guest

    Thanks for the reply.
    1. Does the font-size specification in a grid... like
    smaller,larger,xx-small.... etc corresponds to the below mentioned
    numbers(1-7) ?
    2. In the HTML text I have set the size as I quoted, I want to make sure the
    grid text size also same as rest of the fonts. How to make sure that?
    Thanks,
    Smith

    JohnSmith90, May 13, 2005
  4. JohnSmith90

    Karl Seguin Guest

    smaller, larger, xx-small are css font sizes...there are 8 of them

    they don't map perfectly, because "medium" in css is the 4th font...but 3 is
    the "normal" font in html....if you don't mix and match them and you always
    use one style or the other, you won't have any problems.

    AS for the "grid" I take it you are talking about datagrids? You can use
    the ItemStyle and such to specify the font-size. Without knowing how your
    grid is (or being 100% sure you mean datagrid) I can't answer in more
    details..

    Karl

    Karl Seguin, May 13, 2005
  5. JohnSmith90