Delete file on client side machine

Paul

Is it possible to delete a file on a client side machine using VB/JAVA
script?

My website allows the user to upload a file to the website and after
that I would like to delete the file on their machine

I tried this:

fso.DeleteFile("C:\1-1-S.xml")

But it is always looking to the server machine? How do I say delete
file XYZ on client machine. Is this even possible with the security
issues?

Paul

Roland Hall

in message
: Gazing into my crystal ball I observed (e-mail address removed) (Paul)
: writing in :
: > Is it possible to delete a file on a client side machine using VB/JAVA
: > script?
: >
: > My website allows the user to upload a file to the website and after
: > that I would like to delete the file on their machine
: >
: > I tried this:
: >
: > Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
: > fso.DeleteFile("C:\1-1-S.xml")
: >
: > But it is always looking to the server machine? How do I say delete
: > file XYZ on client machine. Is this even possible with the security
: > issues?
: >
: > Paul
: >
:
: Sure, delete *.*[1]
:
: No, you can't do that. You could always put up some text telling the
: client they should delete the file themselves.
:
:
: [1] Back in the 80's, while I was out to lunch one day, one of the brokers
: called the telcom person in the NY office. She said "Type in cd .. then
: type in DEL *.*" The root was erased. Thank God I had Norton Unerase
: floppies in my purse when I got back and restored everything.

I've never had Norton UnErase floppies in my purse...or a purse either.
(O:=

--
Roland Hall
or fitness for a particular purpose. */