Deliver a Flash file from ASP - Curious Problem

Toni

I've got a strange problem... I have a Macrome... uh, Adobe Flash file that needs to be
delivered from an ASP page.

Partial source:
<OBJECT classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000">
<PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="MyFLASH.ASP">
:
notice that the param VALUE above is an ASP file, not an .SWF file.

If MyFLASH.ASP contains:
RESPONSE.REDIRECT "/flash/myflash.swf"

it works. But I can't do that (because the redirect tells the SWF actionscript that the
file name is myflash.swf. I don't want that.)

Anyway, I'd like the ASP file to stream the SWF file. I've tried Response.BinaryWrite
but I think I'm using it wrong because it send the Flash file as text characters.

Can anyone tell me the solution? Either classical ASP or ASP.NET?

Thanks!!!

Daniel Crichton

Toni wrote on Fri, 10 Jul 2009 16:12:32 -0400:
I've got a strange problem... I have a Macrome... uh, Adobe Flash file
that needs to be delivered from an ASP page.
Partial source:
<OBJECT classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000">
<PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="MyFLASH.ASP">
:
notice that the param VALUE above is an ASP file, not an .SWF file.
If MyFLASH.ASP contains:
RESPONSE.REDIRECT "/flash/myflash.swf"
it works. But I can't do that (because the redirect tells the SWF
actionscript that the file name is myflash.swf. I don't want that.)
Anyway, I'd like the ASP file to stream the SWF file. I've tried
Response.BinaryWrite but I think I'm using it wrong because it send
the Flash file as text characters.
Can anyone tell me the solution? Either classical ASP or ASP.NET?
Thanks!!!

You would need to open the file as a binary file, write out the appropriate
MIME content header, and then write out the binary data. Try looking for
examples using ADO.Stream for this.

Toni

That helped to solve my issue.

THANKS!!!