deploying web service

Ed

I have developed a webservice that my application uses .Both the werbservice
and the application runs on local host . I have created reference to the
webservice from my project.I can access the web service by giving the url as
http://Webdev/DALSvc/dalsvc.asmx .webdev is local machine . Now I have to
deploy the application and the webservice on the production server . I tried
to deploy the webapplication . I have also deployed the webservice on the
webserver. When I run the application it throws exception .
The webservice on the production server is NOT acccessible to the outside
world by doing something like http://something.com/DALSvc/dalsvc.asmx but
if I try to run the webservice on the PRODUCTION by using terminal services
and doing http://localhost/DALSvc/dalsvc.asmx It displays all the methods .
SO that shows the webservice is working on the Production server.

How do I change the webreference to point to Production server... Cos if i
try to set the webreference from the project solution on my machine it gives
me error message.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks in advance.

Ken

Selden McCabe

Hi Ken,

What I do is create a proxy for the web service on my DEV machine, by
running wsdl.exe.

Then I add the proxy to my application.

Then, after I've deployed the web service to my web server, I simply change
the URL property of the proxy. (Near the top of the proxy code, you'll see
something like Me.URL = http://localhost/mywebservice.asmx and I change it
to Me.URL = http://mywebserver/mywebservice.asmx.

I hope this is what you are looking for.

---Selden