derived class and base class, member assignment, which goes first

user

Hi,

If I assign in the base class' constructor:
myMember = 5;

and assign in the derived class' constructor:
myMember = 10;

where myMember was derived from the base class,

I get the result of 10.
Is this always true, or does it depend on some random state of the
computer?

Thanks in advance!

Jack Klein

Hi,

If I assign in the base class' constructor:
myMember = 5;

and assign in the derived class' constructor:
myMember = 10;

where myMember was derived from the base class,

I get the result of 10.
Is this always true, or does it depend on some random state of the
computer?

Thanks in advance!

It is always true. The base class constructor executes first, then
the derived constructor.