    http://baksa.europe.webmatrixhosting.net/

    *please* report any problems or bugs ! (remember to remove anti spam
    XremoveX if replying to this message)

    Antonio Bakula, Feb 12, 2004

  2. Antonio Bakula

    Teemu Keiski Guest

    Hi,

    DataGridColumnCollectionEditor editor does exist for DataGridColumn but not
    separate designer. DataGrid has public designer class
    System.Web.UI.Design.WebControls.DataGridDesigner

    --
    Teemu Keiski

    How to get design time support for classes derived from DataGridColumn ?

    I have created new DataGridColumn type, it uses image from database as
    source and renders actual image, not just some link to image somewhere. Now
    my column is working pretty good but I can't get design time support in
    VS.NET

    Is there any defined DataGridColumnDesigner class that I can inherit from ?
    Or something like that ?

    btw. you can download binaries and source code (Delphi) with some examples
    of grid using it (c# VS.NET project) from :

    Teemu Keiski, Feb 14, 2004

  3. Thanks for you answer, I just wont to make sure that I understand you, so
    if I wont to make design time support for my custom column I must create
    new DataGrid designer ?

    If so then I must create also DataGrid descendant that will use this
    designer and I can't use ASP.NET DataGrid ?

    Antonio Bakula, Feb 15, 2004
  4. Antonio Bakula

    Teemu Keiski Guest

    Hi,

    no, not really. I just bit revised your terms. :)

    Certainly you can create a custom editor for your column (using Editor
    attribute to assign the editor to a property), but you would need to inherit
    from DataGrid to be able to assign this editor to the control (if you want
    to edit DataGridColumnCollection). But if you edit just the column, then you
    don't need the inheritance, but there's the catch that how do you intend to
    use the editor? Does it have designer verbs (command below the property
    browser that initiate editors etc. I mean that with DataGrid for example it
    does so complicated task that it has separate editor for component as a
    whole and the Columns have collection editor.

    --
    Teemu Keiski

    Teemu Keiski, Feb 15, 2004