Detailsview adding first record

Guest

HI,
I have a asp 2.0 page that has a sqldatasource and a detailsview i have
enabled the inserting updating deleting in the datasoure. I have a blank
table that has no records. I run the page.. I get a blank page how can I
toggle the detailsview to show the new insert form if it has no records
returned? So I can insert the very first record into the system.

Guest

Ok.... since there has been no comment makes me wonder if i did not give
enough info.. And I am wondering to myself is this becase there is no
autonumbered ID field in the table, I wanted to make my own id and not a auto
generated one, but thinking I should but in a second key and maybe this will
get solved? If you need to see what i am talking about created a new table
with no record and only a key that is not an autonumber then start a web
project in vs 2005 beta 2 and a new asp.net page then add a sqldatasourse to
that table with insert add delete on and insert a detailsview control into
that and link it to the datasoure and run the page..
its blank no fields no way to select new for new record etc...

Please Help!

Guest

Found it its the Default View property.