Detecting Remote Server Information??????

JP

I have a web service where I need to capture information. Using Server
Variables I have been table to capture most of it.

•I grab information about the user making the request of the web service
•I grab information about the web service itself

What I can’t seem to obtain is any information about the application the
user used to connect to the web service. For instance Server IP address or
HTTP_HOST or REFFER (if it’s a web app)

For example:
Say Microsoft was to give Yahoo an account to access certain web services on
MS network. MS stipulates that they can only be used on Yahoo site (A). MS
then logs the actions of people who execute web services on Yahoos Site (A).

But suppose Yahoo used that web service in another product Site (B) and did
not tell MS. They simply used the same credentials given to them for Site
(A). How would MS detect that the web service request started on Site (B)
and not on site (A) where it was originally intended (Basically block sharing
of web service accounts between sites.

We want every site to have a unique login and only be executed from the
custom site that was intended. But like I said, once the Web Service in
called, I cant get any information about the remote server that called it.
Any one figured this out?

John Saunders

JP said:
I have a web service where I need to capture information. Using Server
Variables I have been table to capture most of it.

•I grab information about the user making the request of the web service
•I grab information about the web service itself

What I can’t seem to obtain is any information about the application the
user used to connect to the web service. For instance Server IP address or
HTTP_HOST or REFFER (if it’s a web app)

What's an "application"? There is no definition for "application" in the web
service standards, therefore you will not be able to retrieve this
information.