Determine whether scripting has been disabled in browser

Roz Lee

I need to determine whether the client browser has disabled the
Active Scripting option in their browser security settings as they
will be unable to log in to my asp.net site if they have, in which
case I want to display an error message.

Is it possible to do this in server-side code rather than using
javascript. I know about HttpBrowserCapabilities, but I see that
using Request.Browser.JavaScript returns true if the browser is
script-
capable, even if the scripting has been disabled.

If I have to use Javascript, can anyone suggest how I do this. I
have
tried using a <noscript> tag in the aspx page but couldn't get that
work.

Thanks