Determining win32 dll dependency

Thomas Heller

Robin Becker said:
A client requested that I send MSVCR71.DLL along with the rest of an
application as it wasn't present on his machine.

That is allowed as

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...s/vclib/html/_crt_c_run.2d.time_libraries.asp

seems to explicitly allow for this.

For a discussion about the rights (or not) to distribute msvcr71.dll you
could read the py2exe-users lists archive.
I would like to automate my build script to include this file, but
cannot think of an automatic way to determine which of msvcr70/71.dlls
.... are needed.

py2exe contains an extension module that determines binary dependencies:
['C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\USER32.dll',
'C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\SHELL32.dll',
'C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\comdlg32.dll',
'C:\\WINDOWS\\WinSxS\\X86_Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.2600.2180_x-ww_a84f1ff9\\COMCTL32.dll',
'C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\ADVAPI32.dll',
'C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\msvcrt.dll',
'C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\WINSPOOL.DRV',
'C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\GDI32.dll',
'C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\KERNEL32.dll']
Thomas

Robin Becker

Thomas said:
For a discussion about the rights (or not) to distribute msvcr71.dll you
could read the py2exe-users lists archive.

thanks for the tip, I believe there was a discussion on clpy recently as well
py2exe contains an extension module that determines binary dependencies:
...... thanks for this as well. It seems to work fine.