difference between import from mod.func() and x=mod.func()

Discussion in 'Python' started by Hari Sekhon, Jun 20, 2006.

  1. Hari Sekhon

    Hari Sekhon Guest

    What is the difference in terms of efficiency and speed between

    from os import path

    and

    import os
    path=os.path

    I would think that the import from would be better, just curious since I
    read somewhere on the web, some guy's code tutorial where he did the
    latter and said it was for efficiency/speed.
    Not sure if this is right.

    Seeing as python folks seem to value simplicity and cleanness, is there
    a preferred coding method? (again I would think the first to the the
    preferred)

    Hari

    Hari Sekhon, Jun 20, 2006