[For Beginners)Difference between Java and JavaScript

Boni Satani

If you’re a computer user, you might have heard about Java and JavaScript.. While most of the people assume that there is no difference between Java and JavaScript, in reality they are totally different from each other. Manybeginner programmers often get confused and mix up both Java & JavaScript.However, it is important to note the evolution of both of these languages took a totally different path. Are you reading this article to get your doubt clear? If yes, it is time to compare both of these languages and know what exactly makes these two similar looking languages differ from each other..

Java:
One of the key differences between both of these languages is that Java is a programming language, which is based on the C language. It derives most of its syntax from C and C++ language. Java can stand on its own while JavaScript must be used in consort with the HTML (Hyper Text Markup) document tofunction appropriately.

Java was created first before JavaScript, which means Java was an inspiration behind the creation of JavaScript.

JavaScript:
On the other hand, JavaScript is nothing but an interpreted programming language; it is a scripting language that is dynamic and weakly typed with a whole host of first class functions. It is created by Netscape and it can’t create stand alone applications like Java, but resides on the internet browser. Most of the modern web browsers have inbuilt JavaScript. However, itis important to note that JavaScript based web pages can run only when you’ve JavaScript enabled within your web browser.

Okay, but what is the major difference between both of these programming languages apart from their concept? Let’s explore it!

Read More - http://www.socialpositives.com/2013/10/difference-between-java-and-javascript/

Joerg Meier

[...]

Jesus, how did you manage to get almost everything you said wrong ? Is this
a troll attempt ? I find it hard to believe that this sheer amount of
mistakes could be accidental.

Liebe Gruesse,
Joerg

markspace

Jesus, how did you manage to get almost everything you said wrong ?
Is this a troll attempt ? I find it hard to believe that this sheer
amount of mistakes could be accidental.

There was no way I was going to read what obviously a bunch of drivel,
but now that you did it for us all, I decided to look up Weird Al's
"Dare to be Stupid" and play it on YouTube in honor of the OP.

"Put your head in the microwave and get yourself a tan." Good advice
for all the stupid people.

For the rest of us though, I think it's important to keep things in
perspective:

<http://xkcd.com/386/>

Joerg Meier

There was no way I was going to read what obviously a bunch of drivel,
but now that you did it for us all, I decided to look up Weird Al's
"Dare to be Stupid" and play it on YouTube in honor of the OP.
"Put your head in the microwave and get yourself a tan." Good advice
for all the stupid people.
For the rest of us though, I think it's important to keep things in
perspective:

I generally try my best to ignore stupid things, but in this case, nobody
else had replied, and I didn't want to leave all that nonsense uncontested
for some poor person to find on Google and waste their time on.

Liebe Gruesse,
Joerg