difference between pass by address and pass by reference!!

blufox

What is difference between pass by address and pass by reference?
Any pointers or links will be appreciated.

Chris Dollin

blufox said:
What is difference between pass by address and pass by reference?
Any pointers or links will be appreciated.

This is not a C question: comp.lang.misc or comp.programming would
be better places.

[I can hallucinate a difference, but I suspect I have idiosyncratic
hallucinations.]

pemo

blufox said:
What is difference between pass by address and pass by reference?
Any pointers or links will be appreciated.

The term pass by reference is that often used [incorrectly] in 'C'
texts in place of the correct term pass by address. Specifically, C
does not have a pass by reference mechanism, but can 'fake' it quite
well by passing addresses by value.

The C++ language has 'proper' pass by reference - as well as by value
and address.