Dilemma in using DAAB- Data Access Application Block

Kausar

Hello All,

My question is in what scenerio we should use DAAB?
we are going to develop a enterprise Web Application in .Net Framework 2.0
which contains approx 200 tables. Is it sensible to use DAAB in this case?
What can be the implication in using it any disadvantage/Drawbacks?
Is it the same as SQL Helper or more than that?

Regards
Kausar

sloan

DAAB 2.0 was a sql server specific implementation.

You probably want to update to the Enterprise Library for DotNet 2.0.

see
http://www.devx.com/dotnet/Article/30910
http://blogs.msdn.com/tomholl/archive/2005/09/14/466298.aspx

The EnterpriseLibrary (2.0) sits at a higher level than any specific rdbms .
(relational database management system) Sql Server is just one rdbms.

The advantages are, you get proven , time tested code for dataaccess, among
many others.

There is a slight learning curve. But my opinion is once you go Enterprise
Library, you 'll never go back, because its a waste of your time, which
should be being used to code your business.