Disable Back Button

Joe Delphi

Hi,

When users log out of my web application, I want to disable the
back button so that they cannot "back into" the application after they have
logged out. Can someone tell me the best way to do this?

JD

dejavue82

Button1.Enabled = false;

Button1 corresponds to whatever the ID of the button control is defined
as in the .aspx file.

dejavue82

Button1.Enabled = false;

Button1 corresponds to whatever the ID of the button control is defined
as in the .aspx file.

dejavue82

Button1.Enabled = false;

Button1 corresponds to whatever the ID of the button control is defined
as in the .aspx file.

Joe Delphi

Button1.Enabled = false;

Button1 corresponds to whatever the ID of the button control is defined
as in the .aspx file.

I was referring to the Back button on the browser itself, not a Back button
on the aspx page. I looked at the HTML and cannot see any reference to the
browser's Back button.

Anyway to disable the browser's Back button?

JD

Bob Lehmann

No.

Bob Lehmann

Joe Delphi said:
I was referring to the Back button on the browser itself, not a Back button
on the aspx page. I looked at the HTML and cannot see any reference to the
browser's Back button.

Anyway to disable the browser's Back button?

JD

Kenneth Windish

Hi,

The following works

<head>
<script language="javascript">
history.foward();
</script>
</head>

HTH
Ken

Jan Hyde

"Joe Delphi" <[email protected]>'s wild thoughts were
released on Sat, 20 May 2006 07:43:35 -0700 bearing the
following fruit:
Hi,

When users log out of my web application, I want to disable the
back button so that they cannot "back into" the application after they have
logged out. Can someone tell me the best way to do this?

I'm not sure what the 'best' way is, but attempting to
disable the back button isn't it. The back button is only
one way to access previous pages.

Jan Hyde (VB MVP)