Display tiff images

a.mustaq

Hi All,

In my application, I have to display tiff images
stored on server. Please help me in acheaving this.

With Regards,
Mustaq Ahmed.A

Guest

Hi All,

In my application, I have to display tiff images
stored on server. Please help me in acheaving this.

With Regards,
Mustaq Ahmed.A

Here's a sample script that will work as showimage.aspx?
image=file.tiff, where file.tiff is a name of the file in the root

<%@ Page Language="C#" %>
<script runat="server">
void Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
{
string imageLocation = Server.MapPath(Request.QueryString["image"]);
System.Drawing.Bitmap origBitmap = new
System.Drawing.Bitmap(imageLocation);
System.Drawing.Bitmap outputImage = new
System.Drawing.Bitmap(origBitmap);
System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageFormat outputFormat =
System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageFormat.Jpeg;
outputImage.Save(Response.OutputStream, outputFormat);
outputImage.Dispose();
origBitmap.Dispose();
}
</script>

as you can see it converts an image into Jpeg. Note, that the
System.Drawing.Bitmap object has a problem to load some TIF files.
Some work and some don't ("Parameter is not valid" error is thrown).
As I see it can be a problem of the format. For example, for files
with no compression, or in LZW it would work, and ZIP is not working.

Hope it helps