Displaying Large Images

Guest

I am trying to upload large images ( around 4 mb) from the server to show on
the client. Currently I'm using an http handler to do it and breaking it
into chunks sending it 1 mb at a time. Sometimes I'm getting errors, like
the page won't load. Any solutions on how this is done right? Thanks for
your help.

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Hi,

I'd be interested to know whether the free NeatUpload component works for
you. It's supposed to break down the file in chunks.

At any rate, it might give you an idea since the source code is included.

http://www.brettle.com/neatupload

Ken
Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]

Guest

Thanks for your help. Apparently it has nothing to do with how I am
uploading the images. I get a OutOfMemoryException thrown at this line:
System.Drawing.Image image = System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(fname);

Thank you.

Carl