Uploading images - binary or unsupported text encoding

Joined
Dec 17, 2022
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
I'm very new to coding -
I can't seem to upload any type of image in my html code on github. No matter where i source it, how i upload it, it always comes up with "The file is not displayed in the editor because it is either binary or uses an unsupported text encoding." I've tried images from my laptop, from browsers, my phone. What is going on here and how can i fix or work around this?
Thanks!

Joined
Nov 13, 2020
Messages
302
Reaction score
38
  1. Create a new issue on GitHub.
  2. Drag an image into the comment field.
  3. Wait for the upload process to finish.
  4. Copy the URL and use it in your Markdown files on GitHub.
This is from stackoverflow:
git add xxx.png
git commit -m 'add png file'
git remote add origin https://github.com/xxx.git
git push -u origin master

Joined
Nov 23, 2022
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Insert an Image in HTML in 6 Steps:
  • Upload the Image File.
  • Access the Theme Folder.
  • Add the img src Attribute to the Image.
  • Set Width and Height.
  • Add an Alt Attribute.
  • Save Changes.
Upload images to the /docs/assets directory
  • On GitHub, navigate to the /docs/assets directory.
  • Click the Add file button, then choose Upload files.