    Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Me

    homer, Jan 26, 2005

  2. homer

    Spartanicus Guest

    Spartanicus, Jan 26, 2005

  3. homer

    Steve Pugh Guest

    Because there's nothing in your CSS that could make it do so.
    'vertical-align'
    Applies to: inline-level and 'table-cell' elements

    http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visudet.html#propdef-vertical-align
    You can make the text appear lower down by setting an appropriate
    margin-top or padding-top to either the <h1> or the containing div. Or
    you can wrap the <h1> and <h2> in another div and absolutely position
    that to the bottom of the containing div.

    Steve

    Steve Pugh, Jan 26, 2005
  4. homer

    Richard Guest

    Get rid of the <br> tags at the bottom of the code!
    Define a height for your menu.
    Get rid of the position absolute for the divisions.
    use float:left to position them side by side.
    For positioning a paragraph at the bottom of a cell try this:

    Richard, Jan 27, 2005
  5. homer

    homer Guest

    float:left to position div boxes side by side? It works with two objects
    in one div, but not two divs. I tried nesting the two divs with the float,
    but no luck either.
    http://wholives.com/temp/d.html
    (internal css)
    homer

    homer, Jan 27, 2005
  6. homer

    Anonymous Guest

    It's the margin that's causing the problem

    Anonymous, Jan 27, 2005
  7. homer

    homer Guest

    I'll try that: Thanks.............