DLL not registered

Arnaud Migeon

My PC went under many security patch last week
Yet, I can't use my local IIS ASP web site.
When starting the page, I get the folowing error:
HTTP 500 => from IIS log file i have Login.ASP, Line 6, Error 8002801d, DLL
not registered
In Login.ASP, at line 6 I have Session("XXX") = "YYY".
Same thing with Global.asa in which I have (before removal, just for
testing...) Application("...") = "..."
Looks like internal IIS DLL (ASP.DLL) are not registered anymore.
Can you help since I use my local Web site for commercial demonstrations.

--
Cordialement,
Arnaud MIGEON

Foo Man Chew

You wouldn't get an error from an ASP page if ASP wasn't registered. ASP
wouldn't be able to process the page and return the error!

Do you *LITERALLY* have exactly XXX and YYY in those strings, if not please
go to all the trouble of showing us the exact code...

Arnaud Migeon

Sorry

I tried this.

1) Delete existing Global.asa to prevent any ASP page to be proceeded prior.

2) create dummy Test.asp page

<%

Response.Write "This is a test ASP page"

%>

3) Test => it works

4) Update dummy page with

<%

Session("Test") = "Hello"

Response.Write "This is a test ASP page =>" & Session("Test")

%>

5) I have the error:

in french:

error '8002801d'

Bibliothèque non inscrite.

/test.asp, line 2

and from the log

17:25:50 GET /test.asp |2|8002801d|Bibliothèque_non_inscrite.__ 500 0

Same thing if using Application

What do you think about that.

It appears I cannot use Session or Application.

Arnaud Migeon

Luke,
ASP DO raise an error when trying to store things in Session() or
Application().
This is not linked to Server.CreateObject. I allready went thru all of this
topics..
Is there a tool to REG again DLL that are used by ASP?

--
Cordialement,
Arnaud MIGEON
SDV Division Auxiliaire de Transport
Rsp. Domaine Commercial / Application Domain Leader
tél. : +33 1 34 21 44 69
fax. : +33 1 34 21 44 90
Parc d'Activité des Bellevues
2, Av. des Bellevues / 25, Av. du Gros Chêne
BP61 - 95610 ERAGNY / OISE
95612 CERGY PONTOISE - FRANCE

Bob Barrows

Arnaud said:
Luke,
ASP DO raise an error when trying to store things in Session() or
Application().
This is not linked to Server.CreateObject. I allready went thru all
of this topics..
Is there a tool to REG again DLL that are used by ASP?
Based on your testing results, it looks as if this has nothing to do with
asp.dll. Your simple asp page would not have run at all if asp.dll was not
registered.

But, given the error occurs when simply trying to set a value to a session
variable, it does appear that something is wrong with your IIS installation.
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling IIS?

You may need to get MS PSS involved ...

Bob Barrows

Foo Man Chew

Try using Windows authentication and see if an authenticated user can
successfully create session/application variables.

It may be that IUSR lacks permissions to write to memory, or registry,
or...?

Arnaud Migeon

Will try to ReInstall IIS: Uninstall then Install + SP3 + HotFix IIS.
Will keep in touch.