What Microsoft DLL processes Session variable?

Fie Fie Niles

I posted a message yesterday in regard to session variable error message.
Do you know what Microsoft DLL that processes Session variable?
On that server, we can not seem to register anything. ASP.DLL is not
registered, and we can not register ASP.DLL, it gives the error
""DllRegisterServer
in c:\winnt\system32\inetsrv\ASP.DLL failed. Does this have anything to do
with the right in the Active Directory perhaps not being setup correctly? I
was told that the person logging in to the server have administrator right
to the server. What can I do? Thanks a lot.

My message from yesterday:
At our client site, when I tested a simple ASP page like the following:
<%Session("test") = "this is testing"%>
they got an error either "HTTP 500 page cannot be displayed" or "error
'8002801d' . Library not registered. /ewinc/jb.asp, line 1"

ASP page contains the following stt works fine without an error:
<%response.write "this is a test"%>.

I already renamed GLOBAL.ASA to GLOBAL.OLD and yesterday we made sure that
the passwords for IUSR and IWAM accounts are synchronized in IIS, Local
Users and Groups and Component Services.

On that IIS server machine, it also seems that you can not register any
file. For ex:
regsvr32 c:\winnt\system32\MSVBVM60.DLL produces an error "DllRegisterServer
in c:\winnt\system32\MSVBVM60.DLL failed. Return code was: 0x800a0046"
The IIS server is a Win2000 SP4 machine. When I go to REGEDIT and look for
MSVBVM60.DLL it only found it in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, SOFTWARE, MICROSOFT,
WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\SHAREDDLLS, and not in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT, and it said
c:\windows\system32\MSVBVM60.DLL instead of c:\winnt\system32\MSVBVM60.DLL.
(This server has c:\winnt instead of c:\windows)

How can I fix the problem so that the Session variable can be used in the
ASP page? Thank you.