Do a "Python beginners e-mail list" exist?

Alessandro Brollo

Far from a professional programmer, I'm simply a
newbie Python user. Two basic questions:

1. I don't want to post banal questions about Python
to main Python list. Does a "banal Python questions
list" or a "Python beginners list" exist?

2. There is somewhere a very patient fellow willing to
be my free "python tutor" by personal e-mailing
outside the mail list? . The ideal candidate would be
someone, sharing with me some other fields of interest
(I'm a middle-aged Italian pathologist, with some
dBase III and dBase IV past programming experience,
and I like nature and mainly horses).

Thanks

Alessandro Brollo

___________________________________
http://mail.yahoo.it

John Machin

Alessandro said:
Far from a professional programmer, I'm simply a
newbie Python user. Two basic questions:

1. I don't want to post banal questions about Python
to main Python list. Does a "banal Python questions
list" or a "Python beginners list" exist?

2. There is somewhere a very patient fellow willing to
be my free "python tutor" by personal e-mailing
outside the mail list?

See above, where the possibility of one-on-one tutorials is canvassed.
The ideal candidate would be
someone, sharing with me some other fields of interest
(I'm a middle-aged Italian pathologist, with some
dBase III and dBase IV past programming experience,
and I like nature and mainly horses).

There are other newsgroups that cater for your interests e.g.
rec.equestrian -- check out Google groups.

Grant Edwards

Far from a professional programmer, I'm simply a newbie Python
user. Two basic questions:

1. I don't want to post banal questions about Python to main
Python list.

Go ahead. We're really quite nice. Extraordinarily so by
Usenet standards.
Does a "banal Python questions list" or a "Python
beginners list" exist?

There's a tutor list:

2. There is somewhere a very patient fellow willing to be my
free "python tutor" by personal e-mailing outside the mail
list? . The ideal candidate would be someone, sharing with
me some other fields of interest (I'm a middle-aged Italian
pathologist, with some dBase III and dBase IV past
programming experience, and I like nature and mainly
horses).

I guess I'm out, the only thing I can claim is middle-age. :)

We generally encourange questions to be posted in public forums
such as the tutor list or c.l.p so that others can benefit from
the exchange as well. No matter what you ask, somebody else
will someday want to know the same thing, and Google will find
them the answer if it's in a public forum.