does anyone have an cool code for html?

Tony Cooper

The fact England owes me reparations money as nothing to do with me
electing a nincompoop. I elected a nincompoop becuase he was the
lesser of two evils.

Even though I am registered as a Republican, I voted for Gore as the
least-worst candidate. However, since I live in Florida, I have no
idea whose pile my vote ended up in.

I've been doing a lot of that least-worst voting lately. I can't
remember voting for a candidate because I was completely in favor of
the candidate.

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Travis Newbury quothed:
Probably a typo... the poster probably meant to say "psyche.." A
rather old cliché meaning "got ya"

Or I could just be talking out my butt (a more likely scenario...)

....Or maybe that's just his trademark.

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Tony Cooper quothed:
Even though I am registered as a Republican, I voted for Gore as the
least-worst candidate. However, since I live in Florida, I have no
idea whose pile my vote ended up in.

I've been doing a lot of that least-worst voting lately. I can't
remember voting for a candidate because I was completely in favor of
the candidate.

Follow my procedure and increase your odds of being right. I'm
registered as a Whig and always vote for the candidate with the longest
hair (-unless it's Hillary).

dorayme

From: Travis Newbury said:
No I think the size of government is directly related to how we can
deal with other issues.

I bet this reflects your preoccupation with issues - highly unlikely to be
foreign affairs!

Tony Cooper

Follow my procedure and increase your odds of being right. I'm
registered as a Whig and always vote for the candidate with the longest
hair (-unless it's Hillary).

I registered as a Republican back in the days when the Republicans
seemed to be the better choice. I remain registered as a Republican
because that gives me two votes against the Religious Right
candidates; I can vote for their opponent in the Primary, and vote for
their opponent in the General Election.

tm

Travis Newbury said:
dorayme <[email protected]> said:

No I think the size of government is directly related to how we can
deal with other issues.

Virtually all issues can be handed betted by state and local
governments than they can by a larger federal government. State and
local governments know the people and specific things that make their
local population different than say the population in a state 2,000
miles away.

The federal government is a one size fits all solution. That can
never work. The federal government has one primary duty. To protect
us. State and local governments can handle everything else more
efficiently and with greater compassion, as they know the people.

Take my 38%. Fine, that is what I pay to live here. But to spend it
wisely, it will take the state and local governments.

You are no doubt offended by the Federal Justice System's tampering
with California's medical marijauna laws and the current
administration's challenge to Oregon's right-to-die laws.

Travis Newbury

tm said:
You are no doubt offended by the Federal Justice System's
tampering with California's medical marijauna laws and the
current administration's challenge to Oregon's right-to-die
laws.

Absolutely. I personally think we lost the war on drugs years ago
and am all for decriminalization /legalization of most drugs.

These are all issues that need to be dealt with at the local level.

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Tony Cooper quothed:
I registered as a Republican back in the days when the Republicans
seemed to be the better choice. I remain registered as a Republican
because that gives me two votes against the Religious Right
candidates; I can vote for their opponent in the Primary, and vote for
their opponent in the General Election.

Yes, I understand the strategy. Always thought it a bit odd how that
worked, but, hey, what do I know? (By "that" I mean the ballot you
receive when you are registered to a party as opposed to the one you
receive as an independent. I'm actually an independent.)

I suppose I shouldn't say this, but the last time I found politics
really interesting was back when JFK was president and they showed a
news clip of Jackie bending over to pick up a handkerchief. It was
finally something incumbent that I could relate to.

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, tm quothed:
Oh, here we go: the typical newsgroup
answering-a-question-with-another-question thing.

A one-word muttering followed by dual question marks does not a question
make. Even if you are confused, you need to be sufficiently
communicative to present your doubts in a lucid and interpretable
manner.

dorayme

From: Travis Newbury said:
Why? It is just one of many issues

That's what I mean! While the most terrible things are going on
in Iraq and other places, you are worried about various sizes of
US govts and them putting their hands in your pocket...
Honestly, I think there is a question about priorities... Why
don't you make it easy on yourself Travis old boy and just take
over my priorities. I have carefully thought them all out and
you can just have them and save yourself...

Travis Newbury

dorayme said:
That's what I mean! While the most terrible things are going on
in Iraq and other places, you are worried about various sizes of
US govts and them putting their hands in your pocket...

Hmmm... Unfortunataly I can not debate you because your entire
argumnet is based on a wrong assumption about what I believe. And to
debate you would force me to take a side I don't believe is right.

dorayme

From: Travis Newbury said:
Hmmm... Unfortunataly I can not debate you because your entire
argumnet is based on a wrong assumption about what I believe. And to
debate you would force me to take a side I don't believe is right.

Maybe. But doubtless much influenced by you voting for Bush, I
fancied I read between some of your lines accurately... It just
seemed to me that when Americans had seen this idiot in action
for 4 years, they would have tossed him out on his ears... But
there are complex forces at work in politics... anyway, what has
this to do with html/css?

dorayme

Travis Newbury

dorayme said:
Maybe. But doubtless much influenced by you voting for Bush, I
fancied I read between some of your lines accurately... It just
seemed to me that when Americans had seen this idiot in action
for 4 years, they would have tossed him out on his ears...

Well apparently his views are more in line with American views than
with your views. I can probably point out a ton of faults with your
leaders too. They are all professional. And that is what is huring
the world right now.

dorayme

From: "Travis Newbury said:
Well apparently his views are more in line with American views than
with your views.

Yes, I suppose it is unwise of me to have begun on this...
Personally I would not at all mind if you said whatever about
our PM! But he is not a raving lunatic like Bush. He is a slimy
toady sneeky cunning smart sob with some not very admirable
policies. But with little power to affect the peoples of the
world. But any way... Best of luck to you Travis...

--
dorayme

I can probably point out a ton of faults with your
leaders too. They are all professional. And that is what is huring
the world right now.

Yes, I suppose it is unwise of me to have begun on this...
Personally I would not at all mind if you said whatever about
our PM! But he is not a raving lunatic like Bush. He is a slimy
toady sneaky cunning smart sob with some not very admirable
policies. But with little power to affect the peoples of the
world. But any way... Best of luck to you Travis...

dorayme

I am losing it Travis, anything to do with Bush unhinges me, bit
of a mess of copy and paste on last post. I meant to say this
about the above:

You have shattered my illusions. I am a bit fond of America and
supposed it was all a terrible and tragic misunderstanding that
they elected him yet again. Vet it seems not to be a
misunderstanding at all according to your information.

dorayme

Travis Newbury

dorayme said:
But he is not a raving lunatic like Bush. He is a slimy
toady sneeky cunning smart sob with some not very admirable
policies.

Our politicians. Can't live with them. Can't live without them... or
can we....