Domain Name

Stefan

I want to register a domain name but it seems that to get a domain name you
have to give your name and address. I don't mind that if it were only to the
domain company. But it looks as though once you register your domain, your
name and address are plastered all over the net in the WHOIS database for
all to see. Doesn't that make you a target for identity fraud and the like.
So my question is are there ways around having your name and address on the
database. Also how risky is it having it there.

Tina - AffordableHOST.com

Stefan said:
I want to register a domain name but it seems that to get a domain name you
have to give your name and address.

Many registrars now offer to keep your registration info private. Check
eNom and their affiliates, for one.

--Tina

Blinky the Shark

Gnarlodious said:
Entity Stefan spoke thus:
Yeah. I'm registered with http://www.godaddy.com which is better than
most. They have a post office box and a bogus phone number and my
official email address in a Yahoo! spambox.

Or, a little more gracefully, GoDaddy will, onsite, hook domain owner up
with DomainsByProxy, in whose name the domain will show up on a whois,
and whose information is legitimate, and who will forward mail to the
domain owner.
Only way to go.

One way to go, perhaps.