domain problem in asp

Rahul Chatterjee

Hello all

I have a web page which has 3 frames. The top and the left navigation frames
are on a separate domain. The right display frame initially starts on the
same domain as the other two frames but after the user clicks on a URL, he
is redirected to another domain. In this new domain I am setting session
variables and cookies.

TO give a brief over view of our test environment and production environment

The test environment is

https://www.domainA.com/test/somepage.asp

The data is initially displayed here and after the user clicks on the right
frame link, he is directed to

https://www.domainA.com/backendtest/somepage.asp - As mentioned earlier, the
cookies and session variables are set here.

As long as we are in the above structure, we are fine, the session variables
get set and cookies get set. When we go into production mode is when we get
into trouble

The production environment is

https://www.LiveSite/live/somepage.asp - this is hosted at out ISP

the redirection page gets published to another sub DOMAIN within our
domainA structure

https://www.domainA.com/backendlive/somepage.asp - let me point out that the
backendtest domain and the backendlive domain are identical sub domains
within DomainA

So how the data flows is the user brings up the live domain and then clicks
on the right frame page which redirects him to the backend live domain while
the left frame and the top frame are still in the livesite domain.

As I mentioned during this process, all the session variables in the backend
live domain are not being set. It sets the session variable on the initial
page that I go to after clicking but beyond that any page that I navigate
to, I lose all session variables and cookies while coming in from the live
site.

This problem does not happen when I am in the test environment

Please advise

Thanks in advance

Maarten

You need to allow this in the Browsers IE = Extra, Options, Security.
Otherwise Cookies / SessionVariables want work cross domain in MSIE