DotNet Architecture Question???

Ryan Fiorini

1. Every page of my site is going to have a menu at the top.
2. The menu is driven by XML stored in SQL.
3. Many of the pages in the body (in addition to the menu) will also need
this XML
4. I don't want to have to hit SQL twice to retrieve the XML (Once for the
Menu and twice for the rest of the page).
5. I am using Code Behind.

What is the best way to develop this?

Thanks,
Ryan

Kevin Spencer

Assuming that your menu XML is globally the same in all pages, and that you
don't need to modify it on the fly, just store the data in your Application
Cache. That makes it globally available to all pages in the application.

HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft FrontPage MVP
Internet Developer
http://www.takempis.com
Big things are made up of
lots of Little things.

alien2_51

Look into XML Transformations, this is a way you can filter your XML this
way you get the whole menu from the SQL server and filter it based on your
menuing needs..