"Download/windows" site page

Cristian Consonni

Dear all,

I'm not sure this is the right place to point this out, but on this page:

http://www.python.org/download/windows/

It is not mentioned "Windows 7".

Is there some problem with 7 or it is simply an omission?
A friend of mine is refusing to install python on his machine because
"it does not say it is compatible with Windows 7" (sic).

So, may somebody fix that?

Thanks in advance.

Cristian

Martin v. Loewis

Am 13.12.2010 23:38, schrieb Cristian Consonni:
Dear all,

I'm not sure this is the right place to point this out, but on this page:

http://www.python.org/download/windows/

It is not mentioned "Windows 7".

Is there some problem with 7 or it is simply an omission?

It's simply an omission. You'll notice that Windows 2003 and Windows
2008, as well as Windows 2003 R2 and Windows 2008R2 are omitted as
well. Likely, Python also works on Windows Media Center Edition, which
is also omitted.
So, may somebody fix that?

I'd rather not fix it by adding all product names that Microsoft has
used for Windows. How about "Microsoft Windows (XP and later releases)"?

Regards,
Martin

2010/12/13 Martin v. Loewis said:
It's simply an omission. You'll notice that Windows 2003 and Windows
2008, as well as Windows 2003 R2 and Windows 2008R2 are omitted as
well. Likely, Python also works on Windows Media Center Edition, which
is also omitted.

I'd rather not fix it by adding all product names that Microsoft has
used for Windows. How about "Microsoft Windows (XP and later releases)"?

Sounds as a reasonable solution to me. Thank you.

Cristian