Downloading Dynamic Excel

MRW

Hello!

I've been on this for hours with little progress, so any help would be
appreciated.

I'm trying to use ASP.NET (VB) to send two variables to a server (not
mine), which uses those variables to create an Excel file and sends it
back (in binary format).

Using WebClient, I've been able to send the information and receive a
reply. However, I can't seem to encode the "response" into proper
format to save it properly without corruption.

Here's the code I've used so far:

Dim myWebClient = New System.Net.WebClient
myWebClient.Headers.Add("Content-Type", "application/x-www-
form-urlencoded")
Dim toEF As String = "sort=1&clientID=845"
Dim bytes() As Byte = myWebClient.UploadData("https://
blah, blah, blah.php", "POST",
System.Text.Encoding.ASCII.GetBytes(toEF))
myWebClient = Nothing

x = System.Text.Encoding.ASCII.GetString(bytes)

Dim fp As StreamWriter

Try
fp = File.CreateText(Server.MapPath("\test\") &
"test.xls")
fp.WriteLine(x)
fp.Close()