Drag and drop across the frames

hemant_mishal

Hi All,
I am writting a java script library which will provide inter frame drag
and drop operation. The more precise will be OLE drag and drop, which
means only data will be transfered from frame to frame not any object.
But it should happen in a drag and drop fashion. The requirement is,
user will click on one object and will drag the mouse to another frame
and will drop on some object the data will be passed by this and some
action will happen depending upon the data passed.
Now the problem is when I start dragging from one frame and cross to
other frame the mousemove or mouseover events are not occuring on that
frame. More over mouse up event is alos not occuring on the object on
which I drop the data.

Can some one please suggest any thing?

Please let me know if you guys need any clarification.

Thanks in advance

Hemant..

hemant_mishal

Yes. they are from same domain. May be they will be from different
application in the future.

Thanks
Hemant

VK

Yes. they are from same domain. May be they will be from different
application in the future.

Thanks
Hemant

What about ondragdrop/ontragover events (FF) and the equivalent set in
IE (ondrag etc.)

Are they firing?

cosmic foo

[...]

i thought you could only drag within one document at a time.
each frame would have to have it's own drag and drop code, wouldn't it?
these are frameset frames, not iframes, right?

hemant_mishal

Sorry guys for late reply was away from office.

"i thought you could only drag within one document at a time.
each frame would have to have it's own drag and drop code, wouldn't it?

these are frameset frames, not iframes, right?"

yes right actually as i am writting library which will be included on
every page so that will not be a problem but the problem is event
started on one frame is not getting continued to other frame. As i need
to support other that IE i can not use ondragdrop/ontragover events

cosmic foo

Sorry guys for late reply was away from office.

"i thought you could only drag within one document at a time.
each frame would have to have it's own drag and drop code, wouldn't it?

these are frameset frames, not iframes, right?"

yes right actually as i am writting library which will be included on
every page so that will not be a problem but the problem is event
started on one frame is not getting continued to other frame. As i need
to support other that IE i can not use ondragdrop/ontragover events

i suppose it could be done.
when the mouse hits the right edge of the first document
you will have to remember that, so when the mouse enters
the left edge of the other document you can make a copy of
the object and continue dragging.