DRb error with Ruby 1.8.1

Martin Hart

Hi, I have been running ruby 1.6.8 and DRb for ages with a client/server app
and have experienced no problems.

Just upgraded to Ruby 1.8.1 and the server bugs out after about 20 seconds
running with the following exception:

`ThreadError' at /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/drb/drb.rb:726 - return
jump can't across threads

I have had a quick look in the ruby-talk archives but cannot see anything
obviously related to this error.

Just wondering what to do about this - is it safe to simply replace the return
call (which is inside a thread in drb.rb) with a "break" or something
similar? I'm running drb 2.0.4.

Thanks for any help you can give,
Martin

--