    Regards
    Developerforum
    Please remove NOSPAMPLS

    Developerforum, Nov 13, 2003

  2. Developerforum

    SSW Guest

    I think work's u have to type very fast PR.

    Other option is to follow the below steps
    1) Open control panel
    2) Double click keyboead option.
    3) Change Repeat Rate scale bar close to slow.

    Now try it.

    Thanks,

    sswalia
    MCSD, MCAD, OCA

    SSW, Nov 13, 2003

  3. Tried, but that is not what my customer needs. I basically make it slower
    when user enter repeated characters (e.g. "eeeeeee" will be slower)

    For example, at http://msdn.microsoft.com/

    All Products & Technologies
    Choose a Product or TechnologyAccessAccessibilityActive DirectoryActive
    Server PagesApplication CompatibilityArchitectureASP.NETAudio & VideoBizTalk
    ServerBuilding Distributed Applications with .NETBusiness SolutionsCommerce
    ServerContent Management ServerData Access TechnologiesData AnalyzerDevice
    Driver DevelopmentDirectXExchangeFrontPageHost Integration ServerInternet
    ExplorerInternet Security and Acceleration ServerLonghornMapPointMapPoint
    ..NETMicrosoft ProjectMobile Internet ToolkitMobility and Embedded.NET
    Compact Framework.NET Framework.NET SecurityOfficePocket PC &
    SmartphonePrivacySecuritySharePoint Products & TechnologiesSOAPSQL
    ServerSQLXML & XML Mapping TechnologiesTablet PCUDDIUser
    InterfaceVisioVisual BasicVisual Basic for ApplicationsVisual C++Visual
    C#Visual J#Visual FoxProVisual InterdevVisual SourceSafeVisual StudioWeb
    ServicesWindowsWindows 2000Windows CEWindows ScriptWindows Server
    2003Windows XPWindows XP EmbeddedXML

    If user need to select "Visual Source Safe", they to be able to type "Visual
    S" and this item will be selected.

    Thanks.

    Developerforum, Nov 13, 2003
  4. Developerforum

    alex bowers Guest

    hi,
    I've seen this achieved by writing some client script.
    The principles are to write a function that returns a
    match from the list based on the user's keypress, then
    storing the exact time of the keypress in a hidden field
    using the data.valueOf() function. When the user next
    presses a key the search is repeated, refining the search
    if the current keypress is sufficiently close to the
    previous one (eg n seconds apart or less). If the time
    difference is greater than this value, then search from
    the beginning of the string using the current keypress
    value.

    good luck!
    alex

    alex bowers, Nov 13, 2003