Dual Logins

Guest

Hello All!
I hope somebody can help me figure this out. So I have a web site, with
it's own login page, pulling the info from a SQL databse. User can go where
they need to go, Admins are allowed on a another page, it's all very good.
Now I am adding Chat Software. CuteSoft has chat software called Cute chat,
written in C#. My web site is in VB.net.
So now I have my web site, and cutechat software in my Solution in VS.net.
The chat software has it own login page. I was able to change the string to
SQL to read the login name from my database, but use it's own database for
everything else.

My question is, what is the best way to use my login page, and have it work
a user go into the chat program with it's same user name, without logging in
again. Should I modify the web config. Can I have 1 webconfig, to work for
both apps, even though they are in diffrent languages.

There is some info in a guide they give.
Integrating with existing user login system

You need to create a custom Provider to integrate CuteChat with existing
user login system. To implement a custom CuteChat Provider, you will need to
provide a concrete implementation of the CuteSoft.Chat.DataProvider class,
CuteSoft.Chat.UserAdapter class and CuteSoft.Chat.ConnectionStringProvider
class (optional) , and plug it into the system.

So I read the above, But I really don't understand what it's telling me.

So if somebody could explain what they think that means. I left a message on
the forum at cutechat, but no response. Or if there is a better way to make
it so I have one login, that would be great!

I know it's a tall order, but I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Guest

If this is what you want to accomplish, you will need to make both apps have
a common database and each time a user logs in, check out from this database
whether that user has already logged in and if yes, then allow the user to
continue without logging in again. You must also ensure that unless a user
logs out explicitly, you should not delete this user's login info from the
database.

with regards,

J.v.