dynamic images

Guest

I have an image button that displays an image generated from another page

imgButton.ImageUrl=otherpage.aspx;

this image changes frecuently from post to post

everything works almost fine, the page behaves perfectly on Netscape and
firefox, but in some IE browsers and Opera, the image never gets updated
because saves the image on the client cache and loads the first image time
after time from it.

does anyone have any idea how to tell the browser not to store in the cache
that particular image, or to reload it every time?, of course I'd like the
browser to store other images on the cache but not that one.

Best regards

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

One reliable trick I've seen people use is to tack on a random querystring
parameter who's sole purpose is to make the browser think it's a different
image besides the old one it has in the cache.
imgButton.ImageUrl=otherpage.aspx?RandomID=whatever