Dynamic Master/Detail Controls

Guest

I have a web page on which I dynamically create controls based on the
selection a user makes from a dropdownlist (this ddl is not dynamic).
Depending on the user's selection, the controls could be any combination of
textboxes, ddls, popup calendars, etc. The properties of the dynamic
controls are stored in a SQL database so that my program can know what type
of control to render and what items to put in the ddl etc.

My problem is that I need to have some of these dynamic controls function in
a Master/Detail type relationship. For example if one of the dynamic ddl's
selection is changed I need to repopulate a couple other of the dynamic ddl's
based on the user's selection. I've been able to attach a generic event
handler that will fire when the dynamic ddl postback to the server, but I'm
not sure how to get it to repopulate the other dynamic controls. I can't
hard code the event because it will theoretically be used for any ddl that
needs to fire an event on postback.