dynamically associate radio buttons with droplists

Leo Brugud

Hi Folks,

Not being very familiar with python, nor with cgi/http, I intend to
have 3 of buttons in a webpage, each of them is associate with a file
(so I have 3 files, too)

What I would like to have is, when users choose a button, the droplist
update automatically to load the contents of the associated file.

Can someone educate me the approach of this?

Thanks

Aahz

Not being very familiar with python, nor with cgi/http, I intend to
have 3 of buttons in a webpage, each of them is associate with a file
(so I have 3 files, too)

What I would like to have is, when users choose a button, the droplist
update automatically to load the contents of the associated file.

Can someone educate me the approach of this?

Are you trying to do this without requiring the user to click the submit
button? If yes, you need to learn JavaScript (although I think there are
web frameworks that will auto-generate the JavaScript, you need to know
JavaScript in order to do debugging).

Shoryuken

Are you trying to do this without requiring the user to click the submit
button?  If yes, you need to learn JavaScript (although I think there are
web frameworks that will auto-generate the JavaScript, you need to know
JavaScript in order to do debugging).

Thanks, and yes I want to do it without the submit button

So python alone cannot do this?

Aahz

Thanks, and yes I want to do it without the submit button

So python alone cannot do this?

Correct; you need to have code run in the browser, and few browsers
support Python.