Easy to use distributed system?

Jim Jones

I am looking for a system in Python that will easily allow me to distribute
processes across multiple systems? So, if I have a function 'foo', I'd
like to be able to call something along the lines of

distribute(foo(x))

And have the system figure out which node is available for process, and then
have the results returned in some sort of callback fashion.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Ravi Teja

Jim said:
I am looking for a system in Python that will easily allow me to distribute
processes across multiple systems? So, if I have a function 'foo', I'd
like to be able to call something along the lines of

distribute(foo(x))

And have the system figure out which node is available for process, and then
have the results returned in some sort of callback fashion.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Sounds like Grid computing. Google for Globus toolkit and ActiveGrid.

Good luck.

Maurice LING

Jim said:
I am looking for a system in Python that will easily allow me to distribute
processes across multiple systems? So, if I have a function 'foo', I'd
like to be able to call something along the lines of

distribute(foo(x))

And have the system figure out which node is available for process, and then
have the results returned in some sort of callback fashion.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Globus toolkit
pyGlobus, python interface to Globus
(http://dsd.lbl.gov/gtg/projects/pyGlobus/)
pyLinda (http://www-users.cs.york.ac.uk/aw/pylinda/)

Cheers
maurice

AlbaClause

Jim said:
I am looking for a system in Python that will easily allow me to
distribute
processes across multiple systems? So, if I have a function 'foo', I'd
like to be able to call something along the lines of

distribute(foo(x))

And have the system figure out which node is available for process, and
then have the results returned in some sort of callback fashion.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

I did a little research on this subject not too long ago. From what I've
seen, OpenMosix appears to be about the easiest one for Linux Operating
Systems. Here's the url: http://openmosix.sourceforge.net/

John Henry

I've been using Pyro and it does what I needs it to do for me.

I don't know if it's as fancy as other packages but the price is right.