Eclipse, C++ and Command Help

Andy

Hi,

i recently tried to do some coding in C++ with the Eclipse IDE but
it's so cumbersome because I don't have any command help. In Visual
Studio for example, you've got the MSDN library and can press the F1-
key any time to get help for the current command. Is there something
similar which can be used with Eclipse? I'm using Eclipse 3.3 and the
CDT plugin 4.0.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Andy

Victor Bazarov

Andy said:
i recently tried to do some coding in C++ with the Eclipse IDE but
it's so cumbersome because I don't have any command help. In Visual
Studio for example, you've got the MSDN library and can press the F1-
key any time to get help for the current command. Is there something
similar which can be used with Eclipse? I'm using Eclipse 3.3 and the
CDT plugin 4.0.

I am reasonably sure that this newsgroup does not accept queries on
products, only on the language itself. I can be wrong of course.

Christopher Pisz

Andy said:
Hi,

i recently tried to do some coding in C++ with the Eclipse IDE but
it's so cumbersome because I don't have any command help. In Visual
Studio for example, you've got the MSDN library and can press the F1-
key any time to get help for the current command. Is there something
similar which can be used with Eclipse? I'm using Eclipse 3.3 and the
CDT plugin 4.0.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Andy

They have both documentation and a newsgroup on thier site. Check there. It
is quite off topic for this newsgroup.

Kira Yamato

Hi,

i recently tried to do some coding in C++ with the Eclipse IDE but
it's so cumbersome because I don't have any command help. In Visual
Studio for example, you've got the MSDN library and can press the F1-
key any time to get help for the current command. Is there something
similar which can be used with Eclipse? I'm using Eclipse 3.3 and the
CDT plugin 4.0.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Andy

Code like a real programmer and use vim! :)

To be really hardcore, use vim in terminal mode.

James Kanze

Code like a real programmer and use vim! :)
To be really hardcore, use vim in terminal mode.

Another quiche eater. Real programmers use ed.

(FWIW: I don't know Eclipse, so I can't say, but vim does have a
keyword help feature. Of course, on most of the Unix machines
I've worked on, no one has bothered installing the
documentation, so all you get from is an error message "cannot
find man page for ...".)