C++ VS C# for specific app

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by smocho, Jul 5, 2019.

  1. smocho

    smocho

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2019
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hello everyone

    First post on the forum, been a long time since i did any serious coding but I have an idea for a sommer project and I hope you guys can help me get started.

    I want to start learning a new language, specifically to design my own app and I'm looking at both C++ and C#.
    I have experience with basic web-development in HTML, CSS and PHP and some iOS and android development - But never really for windows.

    I want to build a planning program, that can sort projects/cases in a database that can hold all the information about the cases, including creating folders on a server or similar to store pictures and such.

    The best solution would integrate MS outlook calendars, which can then assign each user/email to cases.

    All i really want from you guys, is your best opinion on which language I should try and do this in - The easier the language the better, easy syntax is preferable but not necessary. I'm used to object-oriented programming, and I like the interface builder C#(visual studio) provides.
    If you have any other language you think would suite me better I am open for suggestions!

    TL;DR: C++ or C# for planning app/program that gets data from a database and integrates MS outlook.

    Hope you can help

    smocho, Jul 5, 2019