Eclipse & Jython

Michael Hull

Hi,
I hope this is not OT for this newsgroup, if it is could someone
please point me to a better place.
I am intending to use Eclipse for developing an application, so I
would be writing a plugin in Java. However, there will be a lot of
processing that makes python a better language for me to use.
Now, I can use jython to bridge the gap, but it doesn't look like the
easiest thing in the world to do for something like this. I would need
to pass all the information 'one variable at a time' using the
PythonIntepreter(), which would be slow and painful,and make it hard
to call eclipse functions from python code. Does anyone have any
experience of this??

Many thanks in advance

Michael

Wildemar Wildenburger

Michael said:
I am intending to use Eclipse for developing an application, so I
would be writing a plugin in Java. However, there will be a lot of
processing that makes python a better language for me to use.
Now, I can use jython to bridge the gap, but it doesn't look like the
easiest thing in the world to do for something like this.

I know that this isn't what you asked for, but jEdit is extendable in
jython. Just a note. In case you're not absolutely tied to Eclipse
(Can't help you with anything else, sorry).

/W