eclipse plugin create action delegate help...

Discussion in 'Java' started by balgach, Jun 4, 2005.

  1. balgach

    balgach Guest

    Hello all,

    I am in the process of making a plugin that allows users to create a
    UML diagram. (the point is to track the changes as a beginner user
    works with UML) now, ive got the canvases all done, and the shapes and
    connections and whatnot. The problem i am having is actually spawning
    the Wizard to create a new UML file. I have created the following
    extension:

    <extension id="newUMLAction"
    name="New UML Document Action"
    point="org.eclipse.ui.actionSets">
    <actionSet id="edu.lehigh.cse.lehighUML.actionSet"
    label="UML Actions"
    visible="true">
    <action
    id="edu.lehigh.cse.lehighUML.NewWizard.NewUMLCreationWizard"
    label="UML Diagram"
    menubarPath="file/new/additions"
    icon="icons/shapes.gif"
    tooltip="Starts a new UML Diagram"

    class="edu.lehigh.cse.lehighUML.NewWizard.NewUMLCreationWizard">
    </action>
    </actionSet>
    </extension>

    which addes "New UML Diagram" To the file->new list. and what it
    should do is spawn the NewUMLCreationWizard class. however, it does
    not. it gives me this error:

    Could not create action delegate for id:
    edu.lehigh.cse.lehighUML.NewWizard.NewUMLCreationWizard
    Reason:
    Plug-in lehighUML was unable to load class
    edu.lehigh.cse.lehighUML.NewWizard.NewUMLCreationWizard.

    ive also got the following extension point:

    <extension point="org.eclipse.ui.newWizards">
    <category
    name="UML_Diagram"
    id="testproj">
    </category>
    <wizard
    name="Multi-page Editor file"
    icon="icons/sample.gif"
    category="testproj"

    class="edu.lehigh.cse.lehighUML.NewWizard.NewUMLCreationWizard"

    id="edu.lehigh.cse.lehighUML.NewWizard.NewUMLCreationWizard">
    </wizard>
    </extension>

    to load the wizard, but keep getting the same error. any idea as to
    why???

    Thanks,
    Adam.

    balgach, Jun 4, 2005