eclipse w/Tomcat plugin on Linux

Ed Robbins

Does anyone have the Sysdeo Tomcat plugin working with Eclipse under
Linux? I've been trying for a while to get it to work, but whenever I
try to run the Tomcat server I get a NoClassDefFound exception. I've
checked and double checked everything, including the use of a full JDK
vs. JRE.

Ed

Tobias Schierge

Ed said:
Does anyone have the Sysdeo Tomcat plugin working with Eclipse under
Linux? I've been trying for a while to get it to work, but whenever I
try to run the Tomcat server I get a NoClassDefFound exception. I've
checked and double checked everything, including the use of a full JDK
vs. JRE.

You need a full JDK in order to get JSP and Class-Compiling running. Do you
get the Server running via the Shell-Script?

Make sure you do not download the latest Sysdeo with the advanced Catalina
Inputfield on the eclipse Dialog, it does not work properly.

I got it running with Eclipse 3 and Tomcat 5 alpha on JDK 1.4.0.

Regards,

Tobias

Muslim

Ed Robbins said:
Does anyone have the Sysdeo Tomcat plugin working with Eclipse under
Linux? I've been trying for a while to get it to work, but whenever I
try to run the Tomcat server I get a NoClassDefFound exception. I've
checked and double checked everything, including the use of a full JDK
vs. JRE.

Ed

I can't seem to get sysdeo working on linux either. I tried using old
versions all the way back to v201? I keep getting
"org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Error [0] in gethostbyname()
call!". And yes I do have JDK 1.4 installed, I am using tomcat
4.1.27, eclipse 3.0.0M. Any clues? Thanks.