edit multiple records in a gridview with one postback

archuleta37

I've got a asp.net 2.0 gridview with a list of orders. I want to add a column
with a checkbox (simple enough) and make it so that when I click a submit
button, the postback sets the status on each of the records with a checkbox
so that they are completed.

So in my gridview, I have the following attribute:
DataKeyNames="order_id"

and the following code for the status:
<asp:TemplateField HeaderText="Item Status" SortExpression="status_name">
<EditItemTemplate>
<asp:DropDownList ID="ddStatus" runat="server"
DataSourceID="dsStatus"
DataTextField="status_name"
DataValueField="status_id"
SelectedValue='<%# Bind("order_status_id") %>'>
</asp:DropDownList>
</EditItemTemplate>
<ItemTemplate>
<asp:Label ID="lblStatus" runat="server" Text='<%#
Bind("status_name") %>'></asp:Label>
</ItemTemplate>
</asp:TemplateField>

and have added a checkbox column:
<asp:CheckBoxField HeaderText="Close" />

and outside the gridview I added:
<asp:LinkButton ID="btnCloseItems" runat="server"
CommandName="closeSelected">Close Selected</asp:LinkButton>

then in my page load method, I have:

if (IsPostBack)

but where do I go from here? I feel comfortable writing a method that
changes the status for the records, but how do I go about looping through the
records in the postback and identifying the value of the checkbox and
order_id? Is there a standard asp.net way of doing what I'm trying to do, or
is writing code to handle this the best approach? In any case, any help to
accomplish my goal would be much appreciated.

Marc