emacs keybindings for scite/scinitilla?

Grant Edwards

This is technically off-topic, but scite/scinitilla seems to
have a particular connection to the Python community.

I just tried scite for the first time and rather like it. It
uses GTK, which is shared with my desktop (XFCE) so it starts
up fast. It's fairly lean (at least by Emacs/Gnome/KDE
standards), but I don't think I can un-learn emacs keybindings.

Are emacs keybindings availble for scite somehow?

Grant Edwards

This is technically off-topic, but scite/scinitilla seems to
have a particular connection to the Python community.

I just tried scite for the first time and rather like it. It
uses GTK, which is shared with my desktop (XFCE) so it starts
up fast. It's fairly lean (at least by Emacs/Gnome/KDE
standards), but I don't think I can un-learn emacs keybindings.

Are emacs keybindings availble for scite somehow?

It seems there isn't.

And it's apparently not possible.

Scintilla only supports single-key bindings, so there's no way
to impliment "prefix" keys like emacs's META or Ctrl-C. :(

I guess that's the end of Scite for me.