Embed External Website?

vunet.us

I would like to embed external website someweb.com to my own
myweb.com, so visitors would not notice that it is embedded.
Of course, frames, iframes, etc. are the way to go. But still, what is
the best way with today's technology to perform this?
Also, how would Search Engines crawl the pages?
Thanks.

Andy Dingley

I would like to embed external website someweb.com to my own
myweb.com, so visitors would not notice that it is embedded.

Break into their office, steal their computers, then pretend they're
yours.

Harlan Messinger

I would like to embed external website someweb.com to my own
myweb.com, so visitors would not notice that it is embedded.
Of course, frames, iframes, etc. are the way to go. But still, what is
the best way with today's technology to perform this?
Also, how would Search Engines crawl the pages?

Doesn't greater search engine placement make it more likely that the
owners of the other site will find out that you're displaying their
pages as your own?

vunet.us

Doesn't greater search engine placement make it more likely that the
owners of the other site will find out that you're displaying their
pages as your own?

I remember this used to be a good group. Everything changes...
Both websites are mine! I need to implement what is in the question.
Please, do not post unrelated answers.

Knut Krueger

Both websites are mine!

Hi vunet.us
I think everybody thought that you would like to embed a website of
another owner.

Maybe you will get more useful hints after your second statement.

But by the way: Where is the problem to duplicate the code to the second
server.
The only amount is to use and ftp client twice.

Knut

vunet.us

Hi vunet.us
I think everybody thought that you would like to embed a website of
another owner.

Maybe you will get more useful hints after your second statement.

But by the way: Where is the problem to duplicate the code to the second
server.
The only amount is to use and ftp client twice.

Knut

I provide some of my clients with web interface. Those clients want to
use their own domains to show my website. For example, my client has a
domain clientname.mywebservice.com but I want them to have
clientname.com with a content of clientname.mywebservice.com. iframe
or frame is a way to go, obviously but I want to explore other
possible solutions...
So, any ideas?

vunet.us

Then in that case, use SSI.

Not all servers permit SSIs. There may be additional configurations
needed to run them. My clients may be uneducated in this. I am more
looking into copy/paste options for my website code to run on other
servers.
One problem with SSIs, from the hosting point of view, is they slow
down server processing. Another is that they create certain security
concerns.

I V

I provide some of my clients with web interface. Those clients want to
use their own domains to show my website. For example, my client has a
domain clientname.mywebservice.com but I want them to have
clientname.com with a content of clientname.mywebservice.com. iframe
or frame is a way to go, obviously but I want to explore other
possible solutions...

(Tried to post this before but it doesn't seem to have made it)

Use DNS - make www.clientname.com a CNAME for clientname.mywebservice.com
.. Depending on how your webserver is configured, you may also need to set
www.clientname.com as a virtual host name for the website in question.

Andy Dingley

Not all servers permit SSIs.

All useful servers do. If yours don't, move.
My clients may be uneducated in this.

OK, I give up. As you obviously can't ask a question without feeding it
to us in drips and drabs, I have no further interest in trying to answer
the wrong thing over and over.
I am more
looking into copy/paste options for my website code to run on other
servers.

You clearly know everything, so you go and sort it out yourself.
One problem with SSIs, from the hosting point of view, is they slow
down server processing.
Why?

Another is that they create certain security concerns.

Such as?