embedded text

Feliks Dzerzhinsky

According to what I've read, the following bit of XHTML code should embed txtlog.txt in a standard page and allow a cell phone browser access with the "View content" link. While the link works, no PC browser I have access to can view the embedded text except via the link.

<object data="txtlog.txt"
type="txt/plain" width="400" height="200">
[<a href="txtlog.txt">View contents</a>]
</object>

Since I've taken great care to enter the code, I can only assume that I've missed some detail or the author has erred (good grief!).

Should this work, or is it missing something? (If so, what?)

Sam Hughes

<object data="txtlog.txt"
type="txt/plain" width="400" height="200">

Should te "text/plain". Maybe it will continue not to work, though.
[<a href="txtlog.txt">View contents</a>]
</object>

Feliks Dzerzhinsky

Should te "text/plain". Maybe it will continue not to work, though.
And that is why I will never get a job as a proof-reader. :-(

Now it works. Thanks.