Emulator connection error

Tom Libby

I am building a Pocket PC client side application with VS.Net 2003. When I
try and run the app with the emulator or when I try to connect to the
emulator using Tools->Connect to device I get the following error: "Error:
Cannot establish a connection. Be sure the device is physically connected to
the development computer."

I searched the KB and found KB 816826 and tried the solution but it did not
help. Any ideas on how to correct this without having to uninstall and
reinstall VS.Net.

Thanks
Tom

Jean-Luc David [MVP]

Hi Tom,

You can try downloading the Windows CE Utilities for
Visual Studio .NET 2003 Add-on Pack 1.1:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=7EC99CA6-2095-4086-B0CC-7C6C39B28762

If that doesn't do the trick, there is a thread on OpenCF
Forums with a couple of suggestions for fixes:
http://www.opennetcf.org/Forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=305

I hope this information is useful. Good luck!

Jean-Luc David
Microsoft .NET MVP
(e-mail address removed)
http://www.stormpixel.com
http://www.mobilecoder.net

Teemu Keiski

Have you done any setup lately?

I had same problem but additionally I couldn't design smart device apps at
all (designer complained and IDE was missing references to required
assemblies when project was started). What I did was:

* Close the IDE
* Delete the 4 conman data store files in the ..\Documents
andSettings\[useraccount]\LocalSettings\ApplicationData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\devices\7.1
directory
* Restart the IDE

--
Teemu Keiski