Emulator wont browse to web app

John

I am using the Pocket PC emulator from VS 2003. When I open IE and try to
browse to a local web app on my machine I don't get out of the emulator.
Can't browse internet in general from emulator.

How do I setup the emulator so I can test mobile web apps I am developing?

John

Beige Bond

I downloaded the Win CE emulator v 5.0 from Msft -- not sure that's the same
one you're talking about, but...

You may have to configure the net connection. Start the browser in the
emulator and choose Tools>Options>Connection.

If that's OK, then you should be able to browse to public sites like
www.cnn.com.

If that works, then make sure the site you are developing is available for
public browsing. On XP Pro/SP2 I think that's disabled by the firewall. Make
sure Port 80 is open and check the site settings in IIS (make sure you
enable Windows Authentication for the site in IIS).

And...good luck!