Entity framework or plain old SqlDataReader?

Andy B.

What should be used keeping in mind a few things:

1. Speed. I need the fastest speed and the lowest overhead possible.
2. Clarity. What one is easier to understand and has the lowest learning
curve.
3. Robustness and flexability. What one can do the most work in any
situation.
4. Getting to the point. What one (if it wasn't covered in #1), will get to
the point and get the job done better.
5. Compatibility. What one has an easier time dealing with .net types.

I'm figuring it will be the SqlDataReader but not totally for sure. Any
ideas?

Andy B.

Can you repost? For some reason I didn't get the post and wasnt for sure if
my first one even went through. That's why I reposted.