enumerator not working in firefox

toldyouso

The following script works in IE but in Firefox errors with the msg
Enumerator is not defined.
<head>
<script language="javascript">
<!--
function Recalc(){
var objHidden;
var objControl;
var objLabel;
var n = 0;
var sName;
var e = new Enumerator(document.getElementsByName("txt"));
while(!e.atEnd()){
alert(e.item().value);
e.moveNext();
}
};

//-->
</script>
<script id="clientEventHandlersJS" language="javascript">
<!--

function Button1_onclick() {
return Recalc();
}

//-->
</script>
</head>
<form>
<INPUT id="Text5" type="text" name="txt">
<INPUT id="Text4" type="text" name="txt">
<INPUT id="Text2" type="text" name="txt">
<INPUT id="Text3" type="text" name="txt">
<INPUT id="Text1" type="text" name="txt">
<INPUT id="Button1" type="button" value="Button" name="Button1"
language="javascript" onclick="return Button1_onclick()">
</form>

toldyouso

Do I have to define Enumerator, isn't part of the javascript language?
I didn't define it for IE...

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

toldyouso wrote:
^^^^^^^^^
Who?
The following script works in IE but in Firefox errors with the msg
Enumerator is not defined.

Enumerator is defined in Microsoft JScript (primarily to facilitate
interaction with other MS software, such as ADO), not in JavaScript.

See also said:
[...]
<script language="javascript">

<script type="text/javascript">

See said:

Nonsense. Search the archives for "comment" and the like.
[...]
var e = new Enumerator(document.getElementsByName("txt"));
while(!e.atEnd()){
alert(e.item().value);
e.moveNext();
}

While it would be possible to write an Enumerator implementation for
JavaScript, the following is easier and works in IE-based UAs, too:

var e = document.getElementsByName("txt");
for (var i = 0, len = e.length; i < len; i++)
{
alert(e.value);
}

See also said:

I doubt there is a point in ending a FunctionStatement with a `;', besides
the fact that it is indeed a statement. It rather helps to confuse a
standalone FunctionStatement with a FunctionExpression in an assignment.
//-->
Nonsense.

</script>
<script id="clientEventHandlersJS" language="javascript">

Utter nonsense. The (X)HTML `script' element has no `id' attribute (by
default), nor would it be necessary here.
[...]
<INPUT id="Text1" type="text" name="txt">

type="text" is redundant, that is the default attribute value for this
element.
<INPUT id="Button1" type="button" value="Button" name="Button1"
language="javascript" onclick="return Button1_onclick()">

The (X)HTML `input' element has no `language' attribute (by default).
Again, the `id' attribute does not strike me as being necessary here.

Your indentation sucks.

PointedEars