Err when insert into microsoft sql server 2000

Mike John

I am receiving the following error when insert into the
table.

"String or binary data would be truncated. The statement
has been terminated."

the following error had occured recently
the insert sql statement was working fine before.

I had checked the data size against the field size. the
data is away smaller then the size of the fields.

And what's weird: The data I am inserting into the table x
is from the table x.(I am just duplicating data)

how can I work around this error?
What is the cause of this error?

Sincerely yours

Mike John

Rocky Moore

Mike John said:
I am receiving the following error when insert into the
table.

"String or binary data would be truncated. The statement
has been terminated."

the following error had occured recently
the insert sql statement was working fine before.

I had checked the data size against the field size. the
data is away smaller then the size of the fields.

And what's weird: The data I am inserting into the table x
is from the table x.(I am just duplicating data)

how can I work around this error?
What is the cause of this error?

Sincerely yours

Mike John

Do you by any change have a NCHAR or NVARCHAR in one table and a CHAR or
NCHAR in the other?